Doctoral seminarsWe have three seminars recommended for our doctoral students.
- Seminar on Artificial Intelligence: Tuesday, 10:40, room S8, both semesters.
- Seminar on Theory of Computing: Tuesday, 12:20, room S8, both semesters.
- Seminar for new doctoral students in Computer Science: Tuesday, 14:00, office S305, winter semester only.
Seminar for new doctoral studentsThe goal of the seminar is to prepare students for academical tasks and their life in scientific community. The main topics of the seminar are:
- Prepare and administrate grants, mainly GAUK
- Practice presentation skills
- Discuss various academical tasks like teaching and supervising, publishing papers and attending conferences, writing reports, foreign cooperation, and ethical questions
- 1st year doctoral students who are expected to write their first grant proposal, and
- master students who are deciding whether doctoral study and academia would be an interesting option for their future career.